Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #291
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know, the first time I
    sat down to these tunes, I
    stumbled and the reason why
    was because I had the mis-
    conception that Latin was
    filled with sharp knives.
    I was so, so far from the
    border, I couldn't see.

    Rudy, I'm not excited about
    what you will do in Zapata
    but what you won't do!

    You'll do the right thing.
    I know it.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2004 10:05 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  2. #292
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Manu and Dazzler for your opinions and comments. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Peter,
    Yes, I hear you. It's about the space being left, and not overcrowding it with 'me, me, me! ". If I can play something that will make it groove, then that's my first priority, and yes, I will try not to take away from it, but just humbly add if I can. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #293
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Super-attitude, Rudy. I'm not
    worried about you.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #294
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, cool. Peter, I uploaded a track from the chambers CD. Also, the version without drums. Might not be to your taste, and there's no horns. Otherwise, hope you like them. [img]wink.gif[/img]


    http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM'sStuff/TimeMarchesOn.mp3

    http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM'sStuff/TimeMarchesOn2.mp3

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2004 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>

  5. #295
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kind of you, Rudy.

    Well, you can tell that I love
    Dennis. Who doesn't? Better ears,
    I have never heard. Liquid touch.

    There's a lot we can learn from
    him and that light touch. He has
    a dynamic range that's an envy.

    I will do these sometime soon.

    It inspired me to re-attempt a-
    nother tune by CL:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/mamboalamintzer11.mp3

    This is because, when I first the
    tune, I could only imagine Dennis
    feeling these horn parts.

    Thanks, again.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 21, 2004 01:22 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  6. #296
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "I know there's each to his own and all that but surely '''''any fast stuff you do should always be played in context and only as a means to enhance any musical ideas?''''''"

    exactly what I was saying. It seems after he was told that his solo was just a demostration of fast licks without musical structure he holded back and didn't play any fast licks whatsover on the new solo. What I recommended was actually to put them FROM TIME TO TIME. And when saying to make it flashy I mean to make it more entretaining, the fast stuff sounds good when not overplayed.

    English is not my first language so sometimes I say things that get misinterpreted, sorry...

  7. #297
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Manu, he's saying such nice things about me! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Well,I agree with both you Manu and Dazzler. I should keep it musical and structered, but also incorporate some more interesting 'chops' and stuff. I think I definitely played it safe on that last one, just to try and keep it steady, timing wise. Lol, I have some chops, but this would be a great test to see if I can actually use them musically and smoothly. Now, that's the hard bit. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

  8. #298
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, I got to play with john scofield today! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Well, almost. Scuse the dodgy bits. Had to stop playing during this, cos my neighbour upstairs came home, so that's why I faded it.

    http://jamesseph.phpwebhosting.com/DRuM'sStuff/MakeMe.mp3

  9. #299
    Inactive Member Manu11's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2003
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    great sounding!!!

    now you are gonna get some good feedback [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 23, 2004 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Manu11 ]</font>

  10. #300
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Manu,

    I'm glad you're supporting
    Rudy but you were not the
    only one. Like I said before,
    I read all the posts and I
    did not get that 'negative'
    stuff you were referring to.

    I agree that this sounds
    great, though. I knew that
    it would. Please put some
    more together, Rudy.

    Put that Zapata. Your drums
    should sound good on it.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •